Q: What is Mango wood?
- Mango wood is wood from a mango tree, not from forests, sourcing from private land. Primary, the harvest of a mango tree is the fruit (sweet when ripe). When they reach maturity, their fruit bearing abilities slows or stops and the trees need to be cut down and replanted. The wood is then used for other purposes, mostly especially for furniture.
Q: Why do we use Mango wood?
- Mango wood is sustainable and environment-friendly. It gains popularity especially among furniture manufacturers. Mango wood is hardwood, which is strong, light weight and durable while cheaper than other hardwood such as oak and teak. It is easy to cut, shape and design with. Mango wood has high water resistance, varies in color from dark brown, light tan to golden brown with beautiful grains that are straight and curly.
Q: Production Control
- We have process to inspect humidity of our mango wood products, not too much or less. If the humidity is higher than standard, the products will get mold. But if the humidity is lower than the standard, the products will crack or split.
- We use wood moisture meters to accurately measure the moisture conditions in the wood.
- It normally requires 7 days to dry Mango wood in a kiln. The longer time we spend, the negative impact of crack will occur.
Q: Care Instructions
- Taking care of mango wood is fairly easy. Keep it away from too much sun or hot sources as it can develop cracks.
- Do not immerse in water.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Hand wash only with mild soap, wiping and polishing it with cloth, Occasionally use mineral oil to maintain its beauty.
Q : Why there is smoky smell ?
- The smoky smell comes from the sawdust from the kilning process. We utilize unused piece of mango wood as firewood, the smell will disappear after we place the product in normal room temperature for 2-3 months.
Q: The Forest Stewardship Council Certification (FSC)
- Our wood does not come from forests. The mango wood used by 348 Decor Co., Ltd. comes from trees that have to be cut down when they stop bearing fruit. We sourced from private land. It is not subject to the same strict regulations of other rainforest timbers. There is no FSC certification for Mango wood.
Q: What is Acacia Wood?
- Acacia wood is type of wood that is derived from the Acacia genus of tress and shrubs which are native to Australia but also found in Asia including Thailand, the Pacific Islands, Africa and parts of the Americas.
Q: Why Acacia wood?
- The hardwood that is derived from the tree is suitable for building long lasting furniture and homewares i.e. stools and chairs.
Noted : our stools and chairs are made from a single piece solid of acacia wood.
It is a sustainable wood because once cut, another one can be planted and fast growing.
It is a wood with beauty of the natural wood grains, its rich brown and gold color, giving warm, rich touch to any home.
- Keep it away from too much sun or hot sources as it can develop cracks.
- Use a slightly damp cloth to clean as needed. Wipe dry.
- Over time, air and sunlight will change the color of natural wood. Occasionally rotate the items placed on your wood furniture to allow a more uniform color to develop